- I’m majoring in journalism. BuzzFeed= journalism, therefore, I should work for BuzzFeed.
- I’ve been around for quite some time. I’ve seen BuzzFeed grow, people come and go, and the company change.
- I’m already familiar with over half of the Los Angeles staff, because I’ve either seen them in a video, follow them on twitter, or have stalked them on your website.
- I’m great at making puns for headlines.
- I love Los Angeles, and I love the culture there. I’m ready to move out of Ohio and go to the palm trees.
- I’m constantly looking at and for news, which would be useful for reporting.
- Cat memes and pictures ALWAYS make me laugh. I even wrote a story on cats, then ‘went to take pictures’ and spent two hours taking pictures of them.
- I visit Buzzfeed.com daily.
- I’m great at traveling and navigating, and I’m willing to leave my cat behind for a few weeks to travel.
- I’m particularly interested in BuzzFeed Unsolved. Let’s go ghost hunting.
- I want to do investigative work, because that is an area that really interests me. Check back in a year for an update on that.
- I like music, and I have extensive knowledge on the topic.
- Some people consider me ‘edgy’, so I would fit right in with the rest of the staff. Black skinny jeans? Every. day.
- Shoutout to Kat Angus for making the best quizzes. I’d also be great at making quizzes, so if you need help, DM me.
- Once again, I have an extensive knowledge on cats, and I am able to take amazing photos. My back up career? Cat photojournalist.
- I know how to read and write, and that’s always a plus. I got an A in AP English and Composition and an A in AP English Literature and Composition, so this proves I know how to English.
- I was on The Chronicle staff.
All in all, I’m thankful for The Chronicle to have taught me everything I know so far about journalism. Over these past three years, I’ve learned so much, and I can’t wait to see what will happen in the future. To the incoming staff- be on your best behaviour. Don’t sass Asia (but you can Ryan). If you put forth your effort, you will be successful. GET IT DONE. Otherwise you will dig yourself into a dark whole and no one will be happy with you. Good luck, and I’ll be watching.
P.S. Check out BuzzFeed.com in 5-7 years, because you may see Ashton Nichols as a producer. Just saying.